As we approach the holiday season, don’t forget to check your diaries and mark up when your payments are scheduled—you may also want to let your customers know too!
As banks don’t process debits, settlements or dishonour payments on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, this will affect how quickly we can settle money to you.
When your customer’s debit day falls on a weekend or a public holiday, debits are processed on the previous working day.
- For Christmas and Boxing Day payments—on Monday 24 December we’ll debit all payments due on 24, 25 and 26 December 2018.
- For New Year’s Day payments—on Monday 31 December we’ll debit all payments due on 31 December 2018 and 1 January 2019.
- During this period, please ensure we receive all actions and changes at least 48 hours prior to the debit date.
- PaySmart will accept WebExpress actions up until 10.00 am on the day of the debit.
- Email or phone actions received on the morning that your customer’s payment is due may not be processed in time, so please ensure we receive all actions one working day prior to the debit date.
- Please be aware that due to the public holidays over Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, there may be delays in crediting funds to your accounts.
- Successful payments will be cleared and available for settlement three working days after the debit date.
- If you still require a settlement on your normal settlement day (as it may be delayed by the national public holidays) and it is a scheduled working day, please contact our Customer Service Centre, on 1800 801 797 between 8.30 am and 2.30 pm on the normal settlement day and we can settle any cleared funds to your account.
- Our office will be unattended on the scheduled public holidays—25 and 26 December and 1 January 2019.
- If you have further enquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Centre on 1800 801 797 and they will be more than happy to assist you.
We wish all of our wonderful clients a safe and merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
From the PaySmart Team
Contact PaySmart today if you have any questions.